Osseodensification—The Evidence Revisited
Osseodensification – Parameters for Success
Day & Time:
Friday, January 18, 2019 • 8:00-9:00am
Osseointegration is a multifactorial concept. Bone density/ quality, posterior maxilla, and the borderline ridge of ≤ 6 mm have often add an unpredictable factor, which makes the system not fully optimized. Site preparation and instrumentation could be key in enhancing the system and create new possibilities to optimize the outcome.
The lecture will discuss:
- The development of Osseodensification.
- The importance of improving bone density with surgical instrumentation and its effect on optimizing osseointegration.
- How we can plastically expand bone and enhance its strength in a controlled method.
- Why bone preservation may shorten the healing time.
- Why bone preservation may improve its structural strength.
- The effect of Osseodensification on implant total stability.
- The clinical versatility of Osseodensification
Dr. Salah Huwais is the founder of Osseodensification. He maintains a private practice focusing on periodontics and surgical implantology in Jackson, Michigan. Dr. Huwais earned his dental degree from the University of Aleppo, School of Dentistry, in Aleppo, Syria and completed his periodontics and implantology surgical training at the University of Illinois at Chicago. He serves as an Adjunct Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Minnesota, Dental Implant Program. Dr. Huwais lectures nationally and internationally on periodontal and surgical implantology procedures. He is Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and the American Board of Oral Implantology. Dr. Huwais is the inventor of the Densah® Bur technology.